Dr P Sivaprasad
MSc. Microbiology, PhD.
Director of Research
With extensive experience in microbiology research, he has got strong leadership and organizational skills. He manages all the day to day research activities of the organization. He plays a pivotal role in advancing scientific knowledge and contributing to discoveries that have real-world applications in areas of agriculture and environmental science. With his strong leadership he oversees a team of researchers and guide their work effectively. He has got a strong analytical and problem-solving skills to address scientific challenges and research obstacles.
- Developed microbial inoculants based technology for establishment of plants under stress conditions including arid DESERT.
- Designed organic media with microbial inoculants for water conservation and plant establishment in DESERT soils.
- Designed sustainable soil conditioning and nourishing system for better growth and yield of plants in DESERT ECOSYSTEM.
- Technology for soil conditioning and bio greening in DESERT SOILS.
- Developed highly efficient native strains of Beauveria, Verticillium, Metarhizium, Paecilomyces and Bacillus thuringensis for biological control of insect pests and Trichoderma,Pseudomonas and Bacillus for disease management. Potential biofertilizer organisms-Azospirillum, Azotobacter, Acetobacter and Rhizobium (N), Bacillus (P) and Frateuria (K) have been developed from Indian soils for N,Pand K nutrition of crop plants .Above strains have been registered and recommended for field use in India.
- Organic Farming: Developed consortium of organisms for insect pest (Beauveria, Verticillium, Metarhizium and Bt) and diseases (Pseudomonas and Bacillus subtilis strains) management and biofertilizers for N,P,K nutrition.
- Designed the medium and production protocol for commercial production.
- Integration of mycorrhiza technology with tissue culture for survival, establishment and growth of TC plant lets.
- Developed consortium of inoculants for rapid organic waste decomposition and manure production and is recommended by Govt. of Kerala, India for field use.
Pioneering Bio Agriculture:
ABTEC's 30-Year Journey
ABTEC had been into research along with the commercial production of Bio Fertilizers & Bio Pesticides ever since the company was incorporated back in 1993.