About this item
- Azotobacter is an aerobic, free living soil microbe which plays an important role in the Nitrogen cycle in nature. This organism directly converts the atmospheric nitrogen, which is inaccessible to the plants, into ammonium ions and release them to the soil. They also synthesize phytohormones like Auxins, Gibberellins and Cytokinins, thus stimulating plant growth.
- Suitable for all crops – cereals, vegetables, plantation crops, ornamental plants and even legumes.
- ABTEC Azotobacter is normally used for seed treatment and direct soil application the normal dosage being 20 g/plant.
- Broadcasting / Soil Application: Soil application @ 5 to 7 kg / Ha after mixing with 250 to 375 kg of Farm Yard Manure (FYM). While sowing or planting mix 4kg ABTEC Azotobacter with 10 kg of compost or sand and apply in the field evenly. For trees directly apply at root zone early in season 5 Kg / ha. For vines @ 50 gm / litre of water. Pit Application: Apply 20 g to each pit with compost while planting.
- For Seed :Spray the seeds with a sticky/gummy solution like starch solution/jaggery solution, so that the surface of the seed will be wet. Take Azotobacter in a tray(@25 g/1 kg of seeds), add the wet seeds to this and gently mix by rolling the seeds in the powder so that the seeds will be coated uniformly. Dry the seeds in shade for 30 minutes and sow within a day. For seedlings, dip the seedlings in a slurry of Azotobacter(make a 5-10% slurry in sticky solution)for 5-10 minutes before planting.