Abtec VAM is a concentrated form of Vesicular Arbuscular Mycorrhizae (VAM), which is an ecofriendly biofertilizer that enhances the productivity of plants as well as soil nature and fertility. VAM forms beneficial symbiotic association with root and increases the growth and biotic and abiotic stress tolerance of the plant. Abtec VAM is available only in wettable powder formulation.
- ABTEC VAM facilitates the uptake of water and primary soil nutrients like phosphorus, potash and the micronutrients such as Zinc, Manganese, Iron, Copper, Cobalt, Molybdenum etc. to the plants, increases tolerance of the host to certain soil borne pathogens,and helps excellent growth and girth formation in timber, pulp wood and fuel tree species from nursery stage.
- ABTEC VAM helps to improves the growth of grasses especially turf grass in lawns, improves water holding capacity, helps to reduce nearly 25% of inorganic nitrate and phosphate fertlizer, helps to increase the yeild by 10 to 30%, improves soil nature & fertility, helps to increase the efficiency of NPK Bio fertilizer and in controlling nematodes.
- ABTEC VAM is most commonly used for direct soil application, with the normal dosage being 10 – 20 gram per plant at the basin or at the time of planting.
- Broadcasting / Soil Application: Mix 2 to 4 Kg of ABTEC VAM with 100 to 200 kgs of ABTEC Organic Manure or dried farm yard manure and broadcast in the main field just before sowing / transplanting or apply in standing crop by row or spot or broadcasting method (50 g / plant). This method can also be used for lawn making.
- Seed Treatment: Spray the seeds with a sticky/gummy solution like starch solution or jaggery solution, so that the surface of the seed will be wet. Take ABTEC VAM in a tray (@25g/1kg of seeds), add the wet seeds to this and gently mix by rolling the seeds in the powder so that the seeds will be coated uniformly. Dry the seeds in shade for 30 minutes and sow within a day. For seedlings, dip the seedlings in a slurry of VAM (make a 5-10% slurry in sticky solution) for 5-10 minutes before planting.